Ronald B. Laba, San Diego Truck Accident Attorney With the Skills and Tenacity It Takes to Defend Victims' Rights
The highways of San Diego County carry some of the heaviest big-rig truck traffic in the country and see some of the nation's highest truck-accident rates as well. In part, this is "predictable," given the county's central position between Los Angeles and the bustling border town of Tijuana. The city of San Diego and its immediate environs rank as the deadliest truck accident zone in the county, as semis continually stream into town to unload their cargo. San Diego is one of the busiest U.S. entry ports and sits on a Foreign Trade Zone that runs along 15 miles of the Mexican border. Given these facts, it is indeed predictable that truck accidents should be common in and around San Diego—it is not at all acceptable, however, for so many drivers of ordinary passenger vehicles to suffer from life-altering or fatal injuries.
At the Law Offices of Ronald B. Laba, we understand how defenseless passenger vehicles really are when they contact big-rig trucks that can be up to 30 times their size and far exceed their weight. When motorcycles, bicycles, or pedestrians are involved in truck accidents, the odds of surviving and escaping a severe injury are even lower. We take victims' rights seriously and fight for full compensation for those who have suffered wrongful injury or death at the hands of negligent truck drivers, truck companies, or truck manufacturers.
How Can a San Diego Truck Accident Attorney Help?
Ron Laba and his team of legal experts are fully familiar with the process of securing just compensation for truck accident injuries. We know California and federal truck accident law down to the minutia, are intricately acquainted with the courtroom procedures and paperwork, and know how to effectively negotiate with insurance companies and defense attorneys to obtain maximum settlements.
It only takes a split second for your life to radically and permanently change after colliding with an 18-wheeler. Physical injury, emotional trauma, and financial ruin can ensue. It is not easy for a non-lawyer to navigate the modern-day legal system and secure a just compensation. Insurance and truck companies know this and will often deny your claims or offer low-ball settlements to get themselves "off the hook." For this reason, you should waste no time in contacting a good San Diego truck accident lawyer following your accident—it should be your very first concern after receiving immediate medical attention.
What Are the Most Common Types of San Diego Truck Accidents?
Truck accident cases are far more complex than collisions involving two passenger vehicles, and the victim will typically need to file the claim against a big corporate trucking company and deal with that company's uncooperative insurance agents to win fair compensation. The exact nature of the accident, as outlined in the regulations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration can greatly affect the outcome of your suit.
Ron Laba has deep knowledge of the regulations relevant to a multiplicity of trucking accident types. In 2013, San Diego County tallied an alarming 5,209 trucking accident injuries and 256 fatalities, the most common types of collisions being the following:
- Jack-knife accidents: Jack-knives occur when truck trailers swing out sideways during the accident and strike a passenger vehicle. This can happen because of driver negligence, bad brakes, or various mechanical problems.
- Highway accidents: When an accident occurs on a busy highway like I-8 or California Route 125, the number of vehicles affected and the injuries inflicted on vehicle occupants tend to be significantly more severe.
- Under-ride accidents: Inattentive driving habits or brake failures sometimes result in small passenger vehicles striking a big truck from the rear and getting lodged underneath it.
- Truck roll-overs: Trucks have a relatively high center of gravity, which makes them prone to roll-overs. Needless to say, when a big truck rolls over on the highway, those in surrounding vehicles are in grave danger.
- Head-on collisions: Though rarer than other accident-types, head-on collisions with big-rigs are particularly deadly. The chances of the passenger vehicle occupants perishing or being badly injured are exceedingly high.
What Should Victims' Do Following a San Diego Truck Accident?
Waste no time in filing your personal injury lawsuit. The longer you wait, the more difficult it is to collect evidence and gather favorable depositions and courtroom witnesses. The state statute of limitations only gives you two years from the date of injury to file before losing that right forever.
At the Law Offices of Ronald B. Laba, we understand how difficult it is to deal with the impacts of a trucking accident. We believe that getting the just compensation you are entitled to under California and federal law should be a simple affair. We do all we can to simplify it for you so that you can focus on your family and the recovery process.
Contact the Law Offices of Ron Laba 24/7 and toll-free by calling 844-439-8969. We will give you a one-hour, free, no-obligation case consultation and will not charge you anything unless we win your case.